Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Crockpot BBQ Chicken


Good evening everyone, today I made Crockpot BBQ Chicken, and let me tell you it was a hit, well with some suggestions for next time! it was great because I had a busy day today and was able to just throw everything in the pot this afternoon, before I had to go run errands and then to do an insanity workout hosted by my friend!

Ingredients:

  • 1 onion chopped
  • carrots 
  • 7 potatoes skinned and cubed
  • chicken breasts
  • 2 cups of Sweet Baby Rays BBQ Sauce ("The Sauce is the BOSS")
  • 1/4 cup of brown sugar
Directions:
BBQ Chicken in the Crockpot
  1. cut the onion, carrot and potatoes. place in the crock pot
  2. put chicken breasts on top
  3. mix BBQ sauce and brown sugar together and pour into the crock pot. 
  4. put on low and cook 6-7 hrs or high cook 3-4 hrs
  5. hr before serving, take chicken out and with using 2 forks, shred the chicken and place back in the crock pot
  6. ready to serve with your choice of sides. we put cheddar cheese sprinkled on top

Next time, I will only be putting the onion and chicken in with the BBQ sauce mixture. 
The famjam put their input in and they really wanted no potatoes and no carrots. or next time I am going to cook the potatoes before I put them in the crock pot.

Hope that you can enjoy this as much as my family has enjoyed it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment